How to Choose the Best ERP Solution for Your Business
Prime Software CEO Mike Jurado provided his expert opinion to Charlene Pe of Entrepreneur Magazine for her articleentitled The Right Pick. On his words, here are the 5 things to consider in choosing the best ERP to your business:
- Localized- ERP should be able to meet location- and locale-specific requirements like the tax rules and accounting practices in your country, as well as the unique industry processes and requirements of your industry.
- Configurable- Manufacturing companies should look at ERP systems that offer features to better track and manage inventory and supply chain, while services companies should consider resource management and project profitability features in their selection criteria. Retail companies should focus on efficiently managingsales across their outlets and the systems that support these. Of course, there are some needs unique to business too, and the ERP solution should be configurable enough to address these.
- Integration- While sales front office and back office support modules are must-haves in any ERP system, companies can also opt to integrate payroll,fixed asset management, production, industry front office, and customer relationships modules into their existing systems to boost their competitive advance. These include time, attendance, and fleet management features linked to third-party devices like scanners and GPS systems.
- Analytics– ERP solutions must have big data analytics and mobile accessibility to leverage the business for more efficient decision-making and industry-specific functionality.
- Customer Service – To reap significant returns on their investment, companies should make the most of the trainings, consultation services, and technical support offered by their ERP provider, especially during the first phase of implementation. The more customizations, the more modules and the timetable that goes up to anywhere between four and six months,it is during that businesses need to hold hands with the ERP provider.
Given the time and investment involved, companies should study different ERP options and apply serious cost-benefit analysis first before making decisions. These are the major considerations in choosing the best ERP solutions for your business.
If you like to know more about ERP and how it can help your company's workflows and procedures, please visitwww.primesoft.ph